Michael Robert Rosas, ESQ
New York | New Jersey | District of New Jersey
Michael Robert Rosas prides himself in representing individuals and businesses in criminal and administrative prosecutions and investigations in New York and New Jersey. He is a trial attorney and has tried criminal and civil matters successfully to verdict. He has tried criminal matters ranging from DWI charges to Murder.
Mr. Rosas has represented clients who were the target of long-term investigations and charged with Racketeering, Conspiracy, Larceny, Embezzlement, Tax Violations, and other criminal violations.
Mr. Rosas gained significant trial experience while serving as an Assistant District Attorney for the Richmond County District Attorney’s Office in New York City. Afterwards, Mr. Rosas further developed those trial skills by serving as appointed counsel in Mercer County, New Jersey, for those charged with murder and other violent criminal offenses.
In 2018, Mr. Rosas was appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court to serve on the District Ethics Committee for Middlesex County (DEC VIII) for a four-year term. The District Ethics Committee acts as the investigative and prosecutorial arm of the Supreme Court in discharging the Court’s constitutional responsibility to supervise and discipline New Jersey attorneys. Committee members are charged with conducting investigations and hearings in order to determine both the facts and the law surrounding grievances related to possible violations of attorney ethics rules or the law.
Prior to forming Rosas & Cirigliano, Mr. Rosas formed The Law Office of Michael Robert Rosas, in East Brunswick, New Jersey. He started his career at a boutique Newark, New Jersey law firm where he handled criminal and civil rights matters in State and Federal court. He counseled various clients, including municipal clients, through the business investigation and internal investigation process. With this experience, Mr. Rosas represents individuals employed by the government, such as teachers, police officers, firefighters, and other government employees facing criminal charges.
- J.D., Rutgers School of Law – Newark, 2009, Editor, Rutgers Law Review
- M.B.A., Rutgers Business School – Newark, 2009
- B.A., John Jay College of Criminal Justice, 2005
- New Jersey Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- National College for DUI Defense Lawyers, Member
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Richmond County Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic Bar Association- New Jersey, Member
- Assistant District Attorney, Richmond County District Attorney’s Office, 2010-2013
- Associate, Lite DePalma Greenberg, 2009-2010
- Law Clerk, Lite DePalma Greenberg, 2006-2009