DWI Defense Attorneys- New York and New Jersey
Former New York City Prosecutors
Misdemeanor and Felony Arrests
New Jersey Municipal Court Matters
Desk Appearance Tickets (DAT's)
DMV Refusal Hearings
Waterfront Commission Hearings
(Staten Island and Manhattan)
(East Brunswick, New Jersey)
404 Manor Road, 2nd Floor
Staten Island, NY 10314
100 Church Street Suite 800
New York, NY 10007
197 State Route 18 South Suite 3000
East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Michael E. Cirigliano, ESQ
Direct Telephone: 718-285-9196
New York | New Jersey | U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
I am a trial attorney and understand that preparation is the key to success. Although most cases do not proceed to trial, being trial ready is the best way to ensure a favorable plea bargain.
My career began as an Assistant District Attorney in Richmond County. While at the DA's Office I specialized in Driving While Intoxicated prosecutions and learned the science behind the Intoxilyzer Instrument from experts in the field.
I graduated from New York Law School in 2011 with summa cum laude honors. While in law school I was an editor on the Law Review. As an alumni I coach the mock trial team and enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience with law students. I am an active member at the New York State Bar Association, Richmond County Bar Association, and New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Michael Robert Rosas, ESQ
Direct Telephone: 718-285-9190
New York | New Jersey | District of New Jersey
Michael Robert Rosas prides himself in representing individuals and businesses in criminal and administrative prosecutions and investigations in New York and New Jersey. Michael has represented clients who were the target of long term investigations and charged with Racketeering, Conspiracy, Larceny, Embezzlement, Tax Violations, and other criminal violations.
Michael also prides himself in representing individuals who are facing DWI/DUI charges in New York and New Jersey. Michael developed the skills necessary to zealously represent those facing DWI charges during his time as an Assistant District Attorney for the Richmond County District Attorney's Office. There, Michael handled hundreds of DWI cases. After gaining this experience, Michael has successfully defended individuals facing DWI charges in New York and New Jersey.
Michael handles complex matters from financial crimes to homicide cases. Michael gained tremendous experience while serving as appointed counsel in Mercer County, New Jersey. He defended several individuals charged with Murder in Trenton, New Jersey. In 2015, The National Trial Lawyers selected him for inclusion in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
Prior to forming Rosas & Cirigliano, Michael formed The Law Office of Michael Robert Rosas, in East Brunswick, New Jersey.
Michael started his career at a boutique Newark, New Jersey law firm where he handled criminal matters in State and Federal court. He counseled various clients, including municipal clients, through the business investigation and internal investigation process.
Michael has trial experience in both civil and criminal matters. Michael received his Juris Doctorate and Masters in Business Administration degrees from Rutgers University School of Law and Business School in Newark, New Jersey. He was also an editor for the Law Review at Rutgers. Michael received his Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice from John Jay College- City University of New York.
Michael is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, New Jersey Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, National College for DUI Defense Lawyers, and New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Michael was raised in Staten Island, New York and currently lives in Central New Jersey.
As former New York City Assistant District Attorneys, Michael and Michael handled all types of criminal matters. Their practice is devoted to criminal defense and defense of individuals in disciplinary proceedings stemming from criminal allegations. They do not practice in any other area, allowing them to focus on defending those charged with criminal offenses.
Please contact the firm if you are facing criminal charges or a criminal investigation by either a State or Federal Agency. Examples of matters the firm handles include:
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Drug offenses
- Official Misconduct
- Domestic Violence
- Weapons Possession
- Tax Evasion/Fraud
- White Collar Crimes
- Vehicular Assault
- Other Violent Crimes
Examples of our casework
- People v. Mikhail V. - Indictment dismissed in Richmond County embezzlement case. Our client was charged and indicted for offenses relating to the larceny of a well-known business. After Rosas & Cirigliano took the case, conducted an investigation and met with prosecutors, the District Attorney dismissed all charges.
- People v. Jonathan W. & People v. Frank E. - Two DWI cases with favorable dispositions resulting in our clients maintaining their driving privileges and avoiding a criminal conviction.
- People v. John B. - Richmond County case where a young man was charged with leading police on a high speed chase and resisting arrest. The District Attorney was forced to consent to an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal after viewing evidence provided by the defense.
New York Post Article
- People v. Joshua J. - Bronx County client charged with a felony drug offense was incarcerated before Rosas & Cirigliano got the case. Shortly thereafter, our client was released from custody. The case was dismissed before the filing of an indictment.
- People v. N.R. - Client charged with murder after new born baby found in garbage can. Case was resolved.
Staten Island Advance Article
*prior results cannot guarantee a similar outcome